Menstrual Abnormalities,Enlarged Scrotum,Fractured Collar Bone..?Fatal Neck Tumour.


April 4th

This 4 year-old boy was brought in as an emergency having been pelted inside a moving vehicle driven by the mum. He was quite shaken-up but rather stable.

His mum was a little apprehensive but mostly quiet.

The boy however, had a bruising with tenderness around the left shoulder that was confirmed through X-rays to be a Fracture of the left collar bone.

Well, I applied a figure-of-eight bandage around those little shoulders.

It's noteworthy here that this accident could have been prevented by the usage of a child-restraining device.

Bad mum, I must say.

April 4th

He may well survive afterall, this gentleman whose right-sided neck tumour we removed surgically 10 days back and who had his stitches out today.

Was it a Tuberculous growth or a Cancer? The histology report of tissue samples taken and sent, will determine its exact nature. The report is expected anytime soon.

I discharged the patient with the left scrotal swelling today. There was a hitherto unseen springiness to his gait.

April 2nd

I steadily plunged the needle into this man's enlarged, tender left scrotum. I had expected to see altered blood fill-up the 20cc syringe.

It was dry.

The original diagnosis of Epididimorchitis must have been the correct one. His case file told me he had been admitted the previous day; his diagnosis wavering from Acute Epididimorchitis, to Scrotal Haematoma, and then back.

Promptly, the medical management of his ailment was changed accordingly.

April 1st

This young, female patient seemed to know very little concerning her menstrual period. I find this typical amongst women I see during my out-patient consultations. Details such as cycle duration and timeliness, show them at a loss. And God forbid they happen to get two seperate flows in a single month, to them it signifies an abnormality that requires promt attention! They make the matter fuzzier than it ought to had it been they understood their cycles better.

I sent her off to run the inevitable pelvic scan.

I began dozing off at some point between seeing patients today, no thanks to what I have often tagged as "overnight-browsing hang-over".Good enough, Dr Larry was doing a terrific job clearing the out-patients.







Comments

  1. hmmn, i dont understand ...i also av irregular menses and its bin irregular right from wen i started around 15, nw i m 25 and it s still irregular, from ur attitude, is it something u shouldnt be worried about?i v done a pelvic ultrasound b4 and it was normal..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous, you are right that one should be worried about an irregular menstrual flow. However, the women I referred to in my post, are those that actually have a REGULAR cycle for example one that occurs every 26 days. Yet, they get confused and present the matter to me AS IF IT WERE AN ABNORMALITY when for example they see their flow early in the month and then later THAT SAME MONTH - to them, this is inexplicable. I fell short of saying that a lot of my patients are not so smart. *sorry*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say something... Anything!... I'll shout right back at you inside 24 hours.

Popular posts from this blog

Sudden Unconsciousness - No Head Scans Available

Vanishing Testes... Uterine Evacuation

Cancer, Right Breast