Urticaria: A Follow-Up.

July 21st

The infertile couple returned with the story that the rash came back the next day following the consultation. It had vanished shortly after the Hydrocortisone injection had been given, only for it to begin to creep back that same evening, finally becoming worse than before over the week-end.

I asked about usage of the steroid tablets prescribed to which she affirmed a correct usage.

I was shocked to discover next that she had rubbed a concoction of local herbs cooked in palm oil well unto her skin. This she had done the day after their consultation with me. No wonder then that the rash had become redder and angry-looking. She had caused matters to go worse by her own hands.

I let her know I was slightly irritated by this development. In response, her husband showed slight impatience towards me, and he an educated man.

I calmly wrote the same prescription and some more. I added antibiotics, ordinarily not found in prescriptions for Urticaria. She was now getting feverish, afterall.

July 19th and 20th

Week-end off-duty. My boss will be back in town, Monday.

I've acquired a digital means of getting snapshots that I can then add to these notes. I need to work-out how to go about this without breaching my patients' trust as regards confidentiality concerns and common decency.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sudden Unconsciousness - No Head Scans Available

Vanishing Testes... Uterine Evacuation

Cancer, Right Breast