Week Starter - The Ward Rounds . . Hernia/Hydrocele, Post-Operative Recovery . . Delusion/Hysteria . . Convulsion - Fits . . High Fever

July 28th

Monday morning ward-rounds were mine to conduct.

I went about them with some of the nursing staff.

I observed that certain notable patients such as the 12 year old with the Enteritis, had over the weekend been discharged and replaced by new cases.

Our Hernia/Hydrocele case seemed to be fairly recovering post-operatively, today being the 6th day.

I later settled down at the out-patients clinic.

I admitted this woman who acted demented, not saying a word to me as I tried to engage her. This was after she walked into my consulting room all by herself.

She was brought to hospital by a colleague of hers who would later act as the informant, and later joined by the patient's older and younger siblings who had been called.

At one point during the information gathering, she became slightly aggitated and confused-looking, never uttering a word.

A widow of 2 years who lives with her kids, the oldest being 13 years, she had exhibited a mild trait of delusion for which she had been seen by a doctor 3 weeks back.

Shortly after she had been confined to the female ward, I had to rush upstairs when she began to throw a fit.

My boss however was of the notion that the convulsions may have been part and parcel of the diagnosed Hysteria.

In any case I started her on a full work-up. More of her later.

July 26th, July 27th

Stayed indoors all through my off-duty weekend. Did a lot of planning in my head.

I'm evolving the details of a venture soon to be launched and embarked on.

It's secret. I may tell it here, later.

Oh yeah, our staff nurse/midwife called me out of my week-end reverie on Sunday, to review her sister in-law whom Dr Larry had admitted with a High Fever.

The same staff nurse/mid-wife who had a difficult first child-birth. She has since resumed duty, back from her maternity leave.

She didn't hide her frustration with her sister in-law for haven earlier on refused medical attention when her condition could then sooner have been salvaged.

I think she said something of the sort that would suggest her sister in-law rather prefering to cling soley unto her faith.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sudden Unconsciousness - No Head Scans Available

Vanishing Testes... Uterine Evacuation

Cancer, Right Breast