Lumpectomy, In A Lipoma. . . Near-Fatality In The Theatre.

August 13th

Dr Larry assisted me in the Theatre in a Lumpectomy operation - the surgical excision of a "lump"- the lump being located at the middle of the back of this man, a company patient. It was a Lipoma, the size of my fist.

I usually enjoy the part where I scoop-out the fatty lump whole, using my fingers. It then leaves a pot-hole-like space subcutaneously, which I must then close with absorbable sutures.

I failed to mention three weeks or so earlier, a near-fatal incident in the operating Theatre. A male patient almost died even before we began the surgical removal of yet another Lipoma, this time located at his neck, posteriorly.

I usually use local anaesthetic just as I did in today's case. This involves injecting the anaesthetic fluid locally, so as to completely deaden that area to pain.

I proceeded in similar manner that fateful day, whence upon the patient began slowly to act stuporous. Then he began to have violent spasms while screaming at the top of his voice.

Quickly, I gave a steroid shot to his arm. His aggression began to quell down after the shot.

Truth is, I may have given too much of the local anaesthetic particularly as the location was close to the Central Nervous System.

I was chatting with the patient an hour later, the surgery haven been cancelled. He described to me how he was in a death struggle while we observed all that we did those moments in the Theatre. He felt shakey on his feet and weakened.

He recovered fairly fully overnight and was discharged the next day.

Comments

  1. [B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
    Forget Idle Downloads With NZB Downloads You Can Swiftly Find High Quality Movies, PC Games, MP3s, Software and Download Them at Fast Rates

    [URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB Search[/B][/URL]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amiable dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say something... Anything!... I'll shout right back at you inside 24 hours.

Popular posts from this blog

Sudden Unconsciousness - No Head Scans Available

Vanishing Testes... Uterine Evacuation

Cancer, Right Breast