Inflamed Appendix - Appendicectomy Done

I removed a 16 -year old boys inflamed appendix at theatre yesterday. Dr. Larry was assistant surgeon - yes, Dr. Larry is still with us. It's really a while I've been regular at updating this medical blog of mine. Anyway, the surgery went well neverminding the fact that the nurses had failed to include retractors and tissue forceps in the surgical pack! Sometime I wonder what kind of a place is being run here!

Suffice it to say Dr Larry and I improviced as best we could, I at one point having to dig into the abdominal incision with two fingers -Chinese chopsticks-like - in order to find and then deliver the Caecum on whose wall the inflamed appendix was attached.

Today's out-patient clinic was uninteresting, really.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sudden Unconsciousness - No Head Scans Available

Vanishing Testes... Uterine Evacuation

Cancer, Right Breast